Underwood Invites Constituents to Apply for Advisory Councils
Councils will be an opportunity to provide the Congresswoman and her staff with feedback on subjects of importance
Congresswoman Lauren Underwood (IL-14) invites constituents of the 14th District of Illinois to apply to serve on her advisory councils. Applications are due by Friday, March 22.
The councils will provide the Congresswoman and her staff with feedback on eight areas of importance including agriculture, higher education, K-12 education, labor, nursing, science, technology and environment, small business, and veterans.
“When I came to Washington I said I would bring the voices of Illinois’ 14th Congressional District to Congress. Today I am announcing a unique opportunity for those who live in the district to make their voices heard by serving on one of eight advisory councils. I look forward to engaging with these councils, and I especially encourage young people to apply. I had the opportunity to serve on a local housing commission when I was in high school, and it opened my eyes to public service.” Congresswoman Lauren Underwood said.
The Councils will meet quarterly to provide the Congresswoman and her staff with feedback on issues of concern to the IL-14, as well as Illinois and federal legislation. Advisory Council members may be asked to develop recommendations or reports.
This position is voluntary, and applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Must reside in the 14th district of Illinois.
- Must be willing to serve a full term ending in December 2020.
- Must be able to attend meetings (transportation is not provided). Meeting dates will be set—and may change—according to the Congressional calendar.
To apply, please email your resume and a letter of interest to the email address listed below by Friday, March 22.
- K-12 Education – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Higher Education – email@example.com
- Small Business – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Labor – email@example.com
- Veterans – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nurses – email@example.com
- Agriculture – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science, Technology, and Environment – email@example.com